Ann Mara, Philip Jander, Mary Muchendu, Sam Mwaura, Mardi Steere, Tim Scholten, Benjamin Downs
Articles of Incorporation drafted, initial IRS filings submitted.
• To help communicate and raise awareness concerning the mission of KH and the financial and human resources required to fulfill this mission.
• To provide opportunities for individuals and organizations to actively engage in the needs of the hospital through the donation of services, resources and financial contributions.
• To educate individuals about the rich cultural, spiritual and natural beauty of Kenya, along with the challenges it faces in terms of poverty and lack of access to healthcare.
Friends of Kijabe USA will act:
• As a USA IRS approved 501 (c)(3) non-profit that can accept tax-deductible donations on behalf of Kijabe Hospital.
• To raise funds for Hospital approved prioritized capital projects.
• To seek donations for Hospital prioritized equipment needs.
• To seek grant opportunities for capital and educational projects.
• To help publicize the urgent volunteer needs and recruit volunteer staff.
• To provide a USA based “face” for KH, fielding enquiries and questions.
• To support Hospital prioritized educational programs by identifying potential donors to sponsor trainees at KH.
• To build strategic relationships between KH and hospital systems in the USA.
• To publicize the various Needy Patient Funds, communicate needy patient stories, and elicit funds for these accounts.