Who Are Friends of Kijabe?
- Friends of Kijabe are doctors, their families and communities, who actively participate in God’s healing mission to the world through Kijabe Hospital.
- Friends of Kijabe believe restoration of heath is both a picture of divine redemption and a fundamental human right.
- Friends of Kijabe make volunteer service and giving to Kijabe a regular part of their personal mission.
- Friends of Kijabe support medical provision and education through prayer, financial support and advocacy.
- Friends of Kijabe are on a journey, eager to grow spiritually, intellectually and professionally through their relationships to Kijabe Hospital.
- Friends of Kijabe are the most faithful and generous people in the world.
- Friends of Kijabe are people like you!
Understand the Need
30 consultant physicians
25 medical interns
150 annual international visitors
20 surgery residents/fellows
75% of Kenyans are at risk of impoverishing expense by a catastrophic medical event.
50% of patients have national health insurance, which usually covers 80% of a hospitalization.
15% – NHIF disbursements for delivery services do not fully subsidize the cost, Kijabe loses 15% on each delivery.
0% – By AIC church regulations, Kijabe Hospital is not allowed to take out loans for capital projects.
The difference between Kenya and America, in Kenya a gift goes 50-100x farther!
You can make a huge difference.
Why Friends of Kijabe?
As a fundraiser, I must give first. Like you, I feel the excitement and nervousness as I click the donate button on a new campaign. I am reminded each month of my impact with recurring giving. Though I am not a doctor, I am proud to participate in the healing work at AIC Kijabe Hospital.David Shirk
How Much Should You Give?
- Great goal amount for college or med-student.
- Receive stories and content about the people you help.
Young ProfessionalMonthly Gift
- Life is busy, but giving is a priority.
- Your gift is leveraged to make an impact.
Generous LeaderMonthly Gift
- You have had great success in your career and feel blessed to be a blessing.
- Your gift is a catalyst to major projects and funding campaigns.