Join the amazing story of the small mission hospital on the edge of the Great Rift Valley making a big impact on healthcare provision in Africa. You are essential to grow the good work.
It’s complicated right?
Fortunately, no. For more than a century Kijabe Hospital has been a roadmap for advancing health provision in Kenya, without losing sight of the mission to provide affordable care to the poor. Friends of Kijabe enables you to make strategic investments in areas of greatest need and opportunity.
Understand the Need
30 consultant physicians
25 medical interns
150 annual international visitors
20 surgery residents/fellows
50% of patients have national health insurance, which usually covers 80% of a hospitalization.
NHIF disbursements for delivery services do not fully subsidize the cost, Kijabe loses 15% on each delivery.
The difference between Kenya and America, in Kenya a gift goes 50-100x farther!
You can make a huge difference.
Do You Love Kijabe?
Why Friends of Kijabe?
Recently Funded Projects
How Much Should You Give?
The average Friends of Kijabe donor gives $763 annually. Here are suggestions based on stage of life. Whatever you can give, we are grateful.
- Great goal amount for college or med-student.
- Receive stories and content about the people you help.
Young ProfessionalMonthly Gift
- Life is busy, but giving is a priority.
- Make a significant difference on a project you care about.
Successful Business/PracticeMonthly Gift
- Grateful for career success and happy to give back.
- Gifts can be leveraged as catalyst major funding campaigns.